WE are smack-dab in the middle of summer and is there any better way to cool off than with refreshing frozen pops!!? You can so easily make the nostalgic treat at home!
When I was a kid, in the Summertime, my twin brother and I used to **attempt** to make juice popsicles.. By cutting the tops off our juice boxes, plopping a popsicle stick in and putting them in the freezer! Most of the time they ended up in a bowl.. and were eaten with a spoon. Little did we know, a popsicle stick was not going to stand up straight in apple juice! Haha.. we also tried this with fruit cups, apple sauce, pudding.. Anything the we could freeze, really! Never worked out that well for us..
So the #creamsicles- veganized! I hope you're getting excited.. today's recipe is a raspberry strawberry mixture- it's a super sweet combo with coconut milk and coconut ice cream as the "cream" filling. The best thing about homemade popsicles is that they're REAL FRUIT! Essentially just a smoothie- frozen on a popsicle stick! So good! You can't even go wrong with this one.. It may get a tad messy, however. ;) This is what my popsicle mould looked like post pour..
Now, onto the recipe!
Vegan Raspberry Creamsicles
Yields: 10 creamsicles
1 cup Raspberries
3/4 cup Strawberries
3 tbsp cane sugar or agave syrup
1/4 cup vanilla coconut ice cream (I used Coconut Bliss)
3/4 cup coconut milk or almond milk
1/2 cup coconut ice cream
1/3 cup coconut milk
1. Start with the filling! Blend your filling ingredients together; the #coconut milk and coconut ice cream. Once blended and at a smooth, creamy consistency- transfer the filling into a spouted cup and set aside!
2. Add your popsicle ingredients to the blender, no need to wash or rinse the filling residue out of it! Blend until smooth. Add additional nut milk if the mixture won't blend or seems too thick!
3. Drizzle your popsicle mould with the coconut filling for the marbled effect! Carefully pour some filling on the sides of each popsicle slot.
4. Next, fill the slots a little under halfway with your main raspberry popsicle mix.
5. Pour about a half inch worth of the filling on top of your main raspberry mix so the popsicle has cream in the centre! If you have extra after adding some to all the slots, top them all up to your liking!
6. With the remainder of your main popsicle mix, fill the slots. Add any extra of either mixes on top as well to finish them off!
7 Wipe off any spillage from the mould, add popsicle sticks and place in the freezer! Freeze them for 6-8 hours before un-moulding.
8. Once you've removed them from the mould, store what you don't eat right away in an airtight container and pop it back in the freezer for later!
Thanks for reading and I hope you liked this recipe! xx