IS there any better way to kick off the fall season than with a delicious Pumpkin Spice latte? I think not.. Now, vegan pumpkin spice lattes are hard to come by, so today, I want to share how you can make a super tasty one at home!
The first day of fall is just days away, ah! Pull out those rain boots, get your scented candles burning and throw on a cozy sweater because we are making pumpkin spice syrup!
Everyone loves #PSL’s, a brilliant concept- a worldwide phenomenon.. But, what do you do if you’re a vegan? Your standard PSL syrup contains dairy making it unsuitable for vegans! (Yes, this is where I cry) so even replacing the milk with non dairy or nut milk will not cut it! Well, I’m certainly not going to live my life without pumpkin flavoured everything this fall so had to take matters into my own hands. The result: DELICIOUS. I am so pleased with the taste of this syrup! Tastes like a chilly walk through a bunch of the crunchiest leaves.. Haha. It’s super easy to make and the texture is soft and light- so when stored in the fridge it does not become too thick to scoop! I like to add a couple tbsp into a 1/2cup of coffee mixed with a 1/2 cup of heated oat milk! When making your latte, I HIGHLY recommend topping it with some coconut or rice whip as well as with cinnamon for the extra festive feel and tastiness of course. I am using this syrup daily and will more than likely have to make another batch- or two.. very soon!
It makes about a cup, give or take, and I store it in a little mason jar!
Ok, writing this is making me want another one, so let’s get to the recipe!
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Syrup
Yields: 1 cup
1 cup water
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup pumpkin purée
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
2tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp molasses
1 tsp vanilla extract (add after)
1. Combine water, sugar, pumpkin purée maple syrup and molasses in a saucepan or small pot. Whisk together!
2. Bring mixture to a slight boil and immediately reduce to simmer on medium for about 5- 8 minutes with a lid.
3. After it starts to thicken, Reduce the heat to the lowest setting and let sit for another 10 minutes! (If mixture has not seemed to thicken after this process, repeat it- reheat mix to medium and put the lid on for an additional 5-8 minutes, then turn it down to the lowest setting again)
4. Give it a stir and add all of the spices and vanilla.
5. Once everything is combined, remove mix from heat and cool completely. About 30mins. Transfer to a jar and store in the fridge for up to a month! ..Or use right away to make some lattes!
When making a latte, Add about two tbsp of syrup to your cup or more depending on desired sweetness! Top with coconut whip and pumpkin pie spice!
*To make my latte, I used about a 1/2 cup of strongly brewed coffee, and a 1/2 cup of oat milk with 2tbsp of syrup. I heated my oat milk on on the stove and whisked the syrup into it!
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this recipe! xx