Pumpkin loaf is UNDOUBTEDLY delicious.. especially glazed and not to mention in the middle of October! (prime pumpkin recipe time..) I am all for all things pumpkin in the fall time so let's make some loaf!
I could go on about how much I L O V E pumpkin loaf.. or any loaf, really.. But, lets just dive right into this recipe instead! This loaf is soft, spongy and most importantly pumpkin-ey. It should take about an hour or under start to finish!
Vegan Glazed Pumpkin Loaf
Yields: 1 9x5 loaf
1 1/2 cup flour
Tsp baking soda
Tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1 cup pumpkin purée
1 cup brown sugar
2 flax “eggs” ( 1 flax “egg” = 1tbsp ground flaxseed + 2tbsp water)
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup vegan butter ( I used vegan becel)
1/4 cup oat milk or nut milk
1/3 cup vegan becel
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
1/4 cup oat milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp Apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Next, make your flax “eggs” Add 2 tbsp of ground flax to 4 tbsp water in a small bowl. Mix and set aside for a couple minutes.
3. Grease your 9x5 loaf pan with vegan becel or oil!
4. Combine all the wet ingredients in a medium sized bowl; pumpkin, oat milk, vegan becel, as well as the flax “eggs”
5. Next, add your sugar, spices, baking powder and baking soda. Combine using a whisk or mixer.
6. Once that is combined, start adding your flour and mixing it in. Sprinkle in small increments and mix it in, sprinkle some more, mix it in. Keep doing this until you’ve added all the flour!
7. Pour the loaf batter into the pan. Sprinkle brown sugar on top just before placing in the oven! 8. Bake for 35-45mins. Test to see if a toothpick comes out clean after puncturing the loaf. If there is residue on your toothpick, keep baking in short increments until it comes out clean
While the loaf is baking, make your icing!
1. Start by adding the vegan becel as well as the oat milk into a medium sized bowl.
2. Sprinkle in the icing sugar in the same manner as the flour you added to the loaf until you’ve added the whole 1 1/2 cups! Use a whisk or mixer to combine!
3. Once the mixture is nice and combined, add your apple cider vinegar, vanilla and whisk again.
4. Taste test! Make any adjustments and set aside! If it’s too thick, add some more oat milk. If too thin, add some more icing sugar!
5. Once removing from the oven, let the loaf cool completely before glazing.
After icing, sprinkle the top with some pumpkin pie spice - serve and enjoy!
Thanks for reading today's recipe! Happy baking! xx