We’re just one day away from December, BUT, it IS still technically fall.. So, what’s the perfect in-between fail safe flavour..? Well, PUMPKIN of course! Spiced up with some walnuts and it’s the perfect touch of festive!
Now, I don’t know about you, but I LOVE a soft cookie! Especially when icing is involved.. These tasty, chewy pumpkin cookies are the perfect mixture of Fall and Winter; perfect for serving at a holiday party, get together or even a cozy night at home.. Definitely a crowd pleaser- I made two-dozen for my siblings and THEY ATE THEM ALL! Devoured is more like it! Every last one AND every last stray walnut left behind in the container! (I recommend hiding a few for yourself before serving.. hehe)
The pairing of the pumpkin with the maple and walnut is to die for! I was actually searching for pecans in my cupboard when I was creating this recipe.. I only ended up with walnuts as I didn’t have any pecans left! Talk about a happy accident! Alright, I’m getting hungry just describing these cookies..
These will take about an hour and are super easy to make, now onto the recipe!
Soft Vegan Pumpkin Cookies With Maple Walnut Icing
Yields: About 2 dozen
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup vegan becel
1/2 cup pumpkin purée
1 1/4 cup flour
Tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch or shake of ginger
Pinch or shake cloves
1/2 cup vegan becel
3 cups icing sugar
4 tbsp maple syrup
2-4 tbsp almond milk
2 tbsp pumpkin purée
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees!
2. In a large bowl, cream together the pumpkin purée, vanilla and the vegan becel with a hand mixer or whisk.
3. Next add the sugars, mix in
4. Now, add the salt, nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon, ginger and cloves!
5. Once mixed, add your baking powder, baking soda and start dusting and mixing in the flour in increments until all combined.
6. Grease two large baking sheets or line with parchment.
7. Take pinches of the dough in the size of about a tablespoon, rolling it in your hands until round. Lightly press the tops down with your fingers when placing them on the pan!
8. Bake for 10-12 minuets. They should be very soft looking when removed from the oven!
9. Let the cookies rest for 10mins before transferring to a cooling rack. Let them cool on the rack for at least 30 minutes before icing!
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine your vegan becel with the icing sugar using your hand mixer or whisk.
2. Add the vanilla, almond milk and maple syrup- then mix again!
3. Add the tablespoon of pumpkin purée- mixing again!
4. Taste test and make sure it’s the right consistency/flavour. If too dry, add more almond milk & becel, if too runny, add more icing sugar!
5. Once your cookies have cooled, add the icing to a piping bag or tool. Decorate them on a cutting board, wide plate or surface. Once iced, sprinkle walnut pieces overtop.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy the recipe!
Until next post! xx