With comforting cinnamon and touch of cardamom, these are sure to warm you right up on a chilly and rainy Fall day! They make for great breakfast cookies, too. My personal favourite is dipped in a glass of almond milk or with my morning coffee! Yum.
This rainy weather has had me very inspired to begin allllll the Autumn baking! I used to love having oatmeal raisin cookies (and little Debbie’s oatmeal cream pies if you remember those, oh my gosh.. I need to get on a recipe for those too...) on rainy, gloomy days when I was a little one! I know many may not yet be the biggest fan of this type of cookie, but this is not your boxed, snack isle, cardboard oatmeal raisin! Nothing beats homemade with love!
These only take about 35mins start to finish and can easily be mixed in one bowl. They can easily be made gluten free by subbing out the oats for a gluten free variety and the flour for a gluten free flour as well!
Soft & Chewy Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Yields: approx 2 dozen Overall time: 35mins
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup + 1tbsp vegan butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 “flax egg” (1 tbsp ground flax combined with 2 tbsp water)
1 1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup raisins
Pinch of salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cardamom
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees!
2. Prep your flax “egg” in a small dish or bowl and set it aside
3. Combine the sugar with the vegan butter in a medium sized bowl with a hand mixer, fork or whisk! Add the vanilla and then flax egg and mix that in.
4. Next, add the dry ingredients; (with the exception of the raisins) baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cardamom, oats- mix them in!
5. Now, start dusting in your flour while combining. Combine with your hands until a nice dough forms. If the dough is too crumbly/dry, add a splash or two of almond or other non-dairy milk!
6. Once you have that dough formed, add the raisins by gently folding them in.
7. Form the dough into tbsp size balls and line your greased baking sheet.
8. Bake the cookies for about 12-14 mins, (check on them at 12!)
9. Once finished baking, transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and give them about 20 minutes to rest.
10. Serve and enjoy! Pair them with a nice glass of almond milk and dip away!
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Until next post! xx