Well, when life gives you lemons..
Is it really Summer without some ice cold homemade lemonade? I forgot how tasty it was until making it again for the first time in quite awhile, and now I will never be going a single Summer without it again. Never! It is SO easy to make, there’s no excuse not to make it at home!
All you need are those three simple ingredients: water, lemons, and sugar! I find a lot of us stray away from making homemade lemonade because we tend to think it takes hours to cool after heating the water in order to mix in the sugar, or that it takes all our upper body strength to mix the sugar into room temperature lemon water.. Or that maybe it’s too much of a process to make simple syrup beforehand.. Either scenario, I think the main issue comes down to dissolving the sugar! You’ll find a little bit of a simplified method in this recipe as I too am on the mildly impatient side. The lemonade takes just an hour start to finish (and that includes cooling time!)
Let’s get to it!
Easy Peasy Lemonade
Make time: 1 hour
1 cup sugar
5 large lemons (1 1/4 cup lemon juice)
6 cups water
1. In a small pot, bring one cup of water to a boil. Remove the pot from heat and add the sugar to the water. Stir well to dissolve. Set aside once combined!
2. Juice your lemons with a lemon squeezer (or over a strainer to avoid the seeds!) into a large pitcher.
3. Next, add your remaining 5 cups of water to the lemon juice.
4. Add your final cup of sugar water and stir well until combined!
5. Taste test! Add more water if the mixture is too sour, and add more lemon if the mixture is too sweet!
6. Pop in the fridge for about 20 minutes
7. Enjoy!! Serve on a hot summer day and garnish with a lemon wedge and sprig of rosemary if you so desire!
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Until next post! xx